We hope that this page will provide you with some of the useful information you may require to ensure your child has a smooth transition from their primary school to Redbridge in September.
We look forward to meeting the new year group on the transition day on. Wednesday 7th July and all parents/carers that evening.
Forms to Return
- Be on time everyday
- Only use students’ entrances
- Walk on the left in the corridors
- Always bring your planner and equipment for all your lessons (pack your bags the night before)
- Always wear your uniform
- Settle quickly in lessons
- Allow others to learn in class
- Respect other people’s views
- Hand in homework on time
- Bullying is not acceptable
- Your parents must contact the school on the first day of any absence
- You must bring a note on your return to school
What do pupils need to bring to school?
- A bag
- Pencil case with pen, pencil and ruler
- PE Kit (on days you have PE)
Year 7 pupils may be worried about:
- Not making friends
- Getting lost
- Not being able to do the work
- Getting to and from school
- Not having the right books and equipment
- Not knowing what to do if there is a problem
- Getting into trouble
- Being bullied
Meet the Team
Our school uniform is supplied by Skoolkit.
The uniform consists of:
- A school polo top
- School cardigan or hoody
- Black school trousers for boys and girls
- Plain black leggings
- Black skirt, of reasonable length for the girls if they wish
- Plain black footwear.
The PE kit consists of:
- Red PE polo shirt
- Black shorts (no leggings please)
- Optional PE school hoody
Free School Meals
The funding received from the government with regards to Pupil Premium enables us, as a school, to offer a wide range of activities, services and experiences across the curriculum which will enrich your child’s education.
If your child is entitled to free school meals there is now an online eligibility checker and application form please follow this link (https://www.southampton.gov.uk/schools-learning/in-school/school-meals/free-school-meals.aspx) to complete an application.
If you require assistance with this the school office are available to help you in any way possible. If your child received free school meals at Primary School this should automatically transfer to us in September.
Any concerns after the start of the new school year please contact the school office.