– Leadership Scale L15-L20 £59,581 – £67,364
The Headteacher and the Governing Body are looking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher to the school’s Senior Management Team.
Included in your responsibilities will be the Line Management of departments commensurate with your experience. This is non-role specific as the role will match the experience of the candidate.
Candidates will also have additional Assistant Headteacher duties.
- Be an experienced Head of Department or Head of Year and have at least 5 years’ experience in this role.
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner.
- Be able to provide significant evidence of school improvement.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent progress of students in the area that they have responsibility for.
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a dynamic team.
- Have an excellent sense of humour – essential.
Redbridge Community School is an Ofsted rated (2018) “Good” school in Southampton. It is a special community to be a part of. For staff we offer:
- A supportive meeting pattern, rarely being after school.
- A work/life balance that is envied by other schools – Your life outside school is just as important!
- A true community school where it feels like you are making a difference
- An ethos of care for students and staff alike
- A leadership team that supports staff in all they do
- Great progression opportunities
- An entitlement to a Private Health Care plan as soon as you join us, which covers operations, dental and optical care as well as providing many other benefits
In March 2019 we became a Platinum Investors in People School placing us in the top 1% of employers nationally. The following comment from the report sums up what it is like to work in our community:
“Leaders invest heavily in their staff, for example they provide opportunities for staff to take care of both their physical and mental health. Staff feel valued and like working at the school. They comment favourably on Leaders’ attempts to reduce unnecessary workload, enable flexible working and respond positively to reasonable requests for compassionate or other leave.”
Please have a look at our website to find out more about how we can offer you a superb work/life balance.
Closing date for applications: 23 June 2022
Job Starting: 1 January 2023 (or earlier by negotiation)
Redbridge is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide suitable references.
For any questions related to this position please contact: Mrs Sarah Morris, HR Administrator by email to – email@example.com
To apply for this position please download an application form from: https://www.redbridgecommunityschool.com/vacancies and submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which role you are applying for.
Your letter of application
In your letter of application you must outline:
- Your personal education values and philosophy.
- Your impact to date on the lives of the young people you have worked with.
- The leadership and skills you can bring to Redbridge Community School.
- If money was no object, where in the world would you take a class of students and explain why.
- The biggest mistake/ failure you have made and what you learned from it.